Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Quilt top in progress

This weekend I got the "bug" to do a little bit of fun sewing - I had worked on a few items for a birthday party and had a bit of a lull in custom orders (none paid, all in the "design" phase right now).

I probably *should* have worked on getting caught up on some BOMs / sewalongs - or started my Avatrix Medallion quilt..... but I had seen the SewCanShe Classic Blocks: Fresh Fabrics post for this month (check it out HERE) and remembered really wanting to sew some up.  I loved how the two blocks came together to make something totally different than what they look like apart.

Saturday I was able to sew up a bunch of 9" 9-patch blocks (excuse the cell phone pics.... my camera battery ran out and I can't figure out where the charger is!)

Fabrics are from my stash - pulled to go with that pretty aqua paisley fabric!

Then I was able to squeeze a little bit more time in Monday morning before the boys woke up (yeah for alarm clocks that go off at 4:30am and lots of coffee!) - to get the snowballs sewn up.

  
 Thinking I'll have to sew up those little triangles and maybe piece them into the back - or a border?!

 Pressed and stacked!  Next up: figuring out the layout and sewing them all together!

Want to see more sneak peeks - my sewing process, family, fitness goals - - - I share them all over on Instagram!  @MamaEggo is me!


No comments: