Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Triangles!

I am so sad that this week marks the last regular season Project Quilting challenge for Season 5 - - - I have had SO much fun creating, learning, and being inspired by the challenges, the quilters participating, the Facebook group, and personal challenges I have made for myself.

BUT....

I'm loving the last challenge / inspiration!  Triangles!  Read more about the challenge HERE - over at Persimon Dreams.

---------------------------------

Since I had a few charm packs sitting on my shelf (for over a year?!) - one of which I won during last season of Project Quilting - and more pre-cuts on their way to me {thanks to reaching my 100 item goal and getting to do a "little bit" of fabric shopping!} - I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to sew with them!  I'll combine them with some white-on-whites, and add in fabric from my stash if need be!

Boho by Urban Chiks for Moda // Juggling Summer by Zen Chic for Moda

---------------------------------

Of course, as soon as the challenge posted, I ran over to Pinterest and started looking for inspiration, designs, color schemes, etc.

Here are a few faves I found:



"Lava Meets Sea" - using HSTs - by Coopcrafts



Bliss Quilt - Michelle @ I Like Orange - more HST's with strings
(I have seen this design, or similar, done with LOTS of variations - and with the design offset on all the sides, or centered, etc. - love it each and every time I see it..... so even if I don't do this one this week, it WILL be sewn at some point!)

One of many HST layouts over at Making More With Less


Bev's 60 degree triangle quilt - more strings!

-----------------------------------

So many triangles.... so many ideas!

I think I will be working with half square triangles... and the plan is just to start making some HSTs and see where the fabrics take me as far as design!

..... But I have some work sewing that must happen before I do more work on this one (though I do have the 5" white-on-white squares cut!

I'd love to get a pretty good sized throw quilt made..... but if all else fails, I'll scale things back and do a quilted pillow cover! :)

My challenge to you - PARTICIPATE in this week's Project Quilting challenge.  You don't have to be a master quilter (I am FAR from that!).  You don't even have to make a traditional quilt!  You just have to be inspired {and yes, follow the couple rules set out in the challenge post!}

A few fun & quick items you could sew up that would qualify (as long as you did a little bit of patchwork, or used 3 layers, or applique!):
- coffee sleeve
- mug rug
- trivet / hot pad
- wall hanging
- tote bag / purse
- table runner
- table topper
- doll quilt
- "security" sized blanket
- pillow / pillow cover
- headband

Happy Sewing!

No comments: