Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Itty bitty squares

After sewing with a friend all morning, nap time came and I figured it was time to work on one of my "to-do list" items.

I'm working on a special project... and I won't say much about it.... but here are a few peek photos


Fabric info: black / white dots, turquoise floral, and croquet tile orange from Jo-Ann Fabrics /// pink floral has no selvage info but was purchased from someone in our Fabric Crafters U Bid It Destash group on Facebook /// pink ribbon fabric from Quilting Treasures.

A few fun notes:

~ yes, I realize I need to buy some graph paper.... obviously that one was "drawn" quickly - - - I often make graph paper in Excel.... but the real stuff would probably be a nice treat!

~ in case you can't read it..... my scribble note says finished = 1", squares 1.5"  Yup.... those are tiny squares.... and lots of them!

~ the friend who came over to sew with me today giggled as I pulled fabrics for this project.  "Shopping in your own home."  Yep!


Now.... back to sewing tiny squares - and a few triangles - though Little Man #2 has woken up from a VERY short nap, so not sure how much I'll get done until after the kiddos go to bed tonight!

Hope you enjoyed the peek!

No comments: