Friday, January 10, 2014

Handmade Holidays 2013

Thanks to making the tough decision to close my shop for a bit at the end of last year, I was able to complete a BUNCH of projects that had been on my "maybe if I end up with time {HA!}" list.

On that list {in a very general manner} were Christmas gifts for close family / friends.  Did I think that would happen?  NOPE!  But...... I was actually able to find a little bit of time at the end of the year - and this is some of what I came up with!

A personalized zippered pouch and matching mini wallet (made using this Modest Maven tutorial) for my brother's girlfriend {the fabric is one she
picked out herself, and with my help sewed up a cover for her kindle.... so I knew it was one she liked!}




Three sets of hanging kitchen towels (also sold in my Etsy shop - though I really need to add in some non-holiday ones!) - for my parents, my sister & brother-in-law, and my brother

A set of two coffee sleeves for my parents (also available in my Etsy shop!)

And... of course.... the 7 pairs of PJ pants for my boys!


I also sewed our family custom stockings this year - finally - after having stashed fabric for a couple years now (that I didn't end up using!) - and after realizing we must have just grabbed a "sample" stocking for Little Man #2 last Christmas (yup... mom of the year!).  I used the Stockings With Style pattern from one of my FAVORITE pattern writers, Tie Dye Diva Designs.  Can't wait to share more pictures of those very soon!

No comments: